Chris Maharry is the founder and managing partner of Harbor Family Law. Formerly a partner at McGavick Graves, P.S. in Tacoma, Chris has been successfully representing clients in all aspects of family law situations, including divorce, child custody, non-parental custody, grandparent visitation and much more since 2003. Chris understands that divorce or separation will result in significant changes to the lives of not only the clients he represents, but also their family and loved ones. Family law situations generally involve a financial impact on those involved, but it can also have a significant impact on the emotional wellbeing of all involved. It is Chris’ goal to usher clients through the process with efficiency, effectiveness, and compassion.
Chris’ goal will be to strive for an amicable resolution to divorce and other family law issues whenever possible. When agreement cannot be reached however, he will vigorously litigate on behalf of his clients in order to obtain the best possible result. Chris has extensive experience at all phases of litigation including motions, discovery and depositions, trial, dispute resolution, and appeal. Chris also has considerable experience with non-contested matters and resolutions reached through mediation, arbitration, or the Collaborative Law process.
Chris grew up in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, calling Port Orchard home before heading off to college. He is thrilled to be back on the peninsula providing high quality legal services in the area where he grew up. When he is not working hard for his clients, Chris enjoys spending time with family, exploring and introducing his children to the wonders of the Pacific Northwest, and watching or playing soccer.
“I am grateful that I get to raise my family in the beautiful City of Gig Harbor here in the Pacific Northwest, and I am proud to now offer high-quality legal services to the community I call home. Thank you for taking the time to visit!”
– Chris Maharry, Managing Partner of Harbor Family Law
- Juris Doctor | 2003 | Seattle University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science | 2000 | Western Washington University
- Major: Psychology, Minor: Sociology
- State of Washington, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 2006
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Pierce District Trustee, 2009 – 2013
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association Division of Young Lawyers, Trustee, 2005 – 2009
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County, 2008 – Present
- Tom Taylor Family YMCA – Gig Harbor, WA, Advisory Council, 2015 – Present
- Downtown Gig Harbor Waterfront Alliance, Economic Committee, 2015 – Present
- Boys & Girls Club of Pierce County, Advisory Council 2016 – Present